Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Slice of Life #21: The Reading Places


The Reading Places

Home is
where books are

collected
accumulated
stored
squirreled away
piled
hoarded
stockpiled
amassed

read
loved
cherished
kept

Yearning to permeate
mind - spirit’s  core


Paradise is
Where books fill

endless libraries
brimming with favorites
Old friends all gathered
Enjoying each other’s company
Whispering secrets,
Imparting knowledge,
compassion, tenderness,
and life - truths 

collected
accumulated
stored
squirreled away
piled
hoarded
stockpiled
amassed

read
loved
cherished
kept


Just waiting for you
To set them free

6 comments:

  1. I love the repetition in your poem. I also love the topic. Looking back on your posts, I think that you might be interested in thinkkidthink.com where there is a poetry March Madness tournament going on. It's a really fun way to generate excitement about poetry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit to squirreling away books. Have you been watching? But each one is cherished. Nice poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the the part of your poem where the books come alive: in the library old friends all gathered
    enjoying each other’s company, whispering secret

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pile up of verbs. Reading the title made me think of my favorite places to read. That might inspire a future blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! Kind of like my bookstore forest! :-) reading is truly such a wonderful paradise of "friends" -- thank you for this deep sensory illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I haven't been watching... just a kindred spirit, Elsie! :) Thanks for your comments, everyone. Keep them coming; I appreciate your feedback.

    ReplyDelete