Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Slice of Life #30: I Believe...




 Slice of Life #30:  The Literacy Coach’s Beliefs (for Teachers)


   
You are your own captain
            dreaming,   
                  charting
   
New course, coaching vessel



You harbor the questions,
            wonderings,
                   curiosities

Guidance and support anchor



You are good,
            brave and smart,
                 absorbing

Feedback shelters reflection



Distilling the answers,
            seeking,
                  percolating
                
Questioning channels thinking



Securing your dreams
          safe havens
               teaching ports

Conversation-rivers ebbing



Forming learning tributaries
          dynamic,
             flowing

Into your sea of knowledge





6 comments:

  1. I love your poem, especially the last stanza. I hope all my learning tributaries can flow into my sea of knowledge and make a difference for my students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! This is perfect! It's kinda like how I think of The Rudder!
    My favorite part is distilling the answers, seeking, percolating

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this...especially 'forming learning tributaries'. This is a powerful poem to honor teachers...it should be made into a card!...or poster! Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had a coach (sadly I don't), I would love to get a poem like this. It's encouraging and creative - a keepsake. Thank you for the words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powerful stuff! I love the way you've formed connections in this river's flow - each part leading to a widening something new.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great visual imagery! The teachers you coach are so lucky to have you!!!

    ReplyDelete